Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Birtday!!

A few weeks ago, we had a birthday party for a close friend. And I made him a cake. This cake...

(Rustifer is his nickname. We live by nicknames around here.)

And yes, I do homeschool my children even though I apparently cannot spell birthday correctly. There's a real reason I messed up, but I won't bore you with the details. The laughter and joking throughout the evening over it was so worth the mistake. It was the kind of laughter that makes you loose your breath. The kind of laughter that makes you cry. I just love that kind of laughter. We embraced the mistake and really got into it, because then we changed the signs....

Everybody has a birthday. But not just anybody can have a birtday ;)

3 comments:

Heathahlee said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Okay, I really laughed out loud at that!

Tell him I said the mailman gave me a dollah.

Dawn said...

i love it love it love it! and that kind of laughter is my absolute favorite :) your cake is great! well, you know, other than your spelling :)

Jen said...

Bahhhaaaaa!