
It's funny how different your children are. And it's funny how different your reactions with them can be. When Moose left for camp, I cried like a baby. We dropped
Fep off for camp on Sunday evening, and I only teared up a small bit. You'd think it be the opposite....Moose went for only 2 1/2 days to a kid's church retreat. Retreat. Fun, fun, and more fun. Air conditioned bunk houses.
Fep is going to camp. Camp. Learning, learning, learning, and a little fun. No air conditioning. None. That is so important to note because our highs for the last 3 days have been in the triple digits.
Fep went to an Audubon Ecology Camp. She will learn so much...and before we even left the bird instructor was already impressed and smitten by her. When it's all said and done she will have been gone 5 nights, 4 days. The longest 4 days ever. I'm only 2 days in and it's already been an eternity. So while the tears may not have flowed like they did for Moose, the longing to get my little
Fep back is definitely there. I thought about her a gazillion times each day and prayed for her
every time I thought of her....Lord let her make a friend...Lord let her be safe...Lord guard her mind and her heart...Lord let this be a great time for her...Lord keep her safe....Lord guard her mind and her heart....over and over with every thought of her. My last image of
Fep was her about to cry when it was time for us to leave. I keep thinking of that and it just makes my heart sick. And that really is a good description for my feelings. Though the tears may not have flowed like a faucet...my heart has been sick with the absence of my
Fep. I cannot wait to get her back!
Oh Lord, keep her safe....let her have a good time...guard her heart and mind...
4 comments:
oh sweet frined! what an adventure for your daughter! birds galore :) and this girl of yours, you know she will make the most of it and you know... that God is right there doing all that you have asked before it was a prayer in your heart! but i know... that doesn't keep a mama's heart from missing and hoping and longing. while you are praying for Fep, i will be praying for you. for the longing to not ache so much... for the missing not to be so tough... and for the most beautiful reunion! for me, i don't miss my kids so much... knowing that they are having the time of their life. weird, huh? i am always just thankful for the adventure. but Cam keeps talking about being a CIT at his camp next year... a 7-8 wk commitment. ouch. sometimes i think i am already starting to miss him now...
love ya, kat!
My turn is coming in August. My Buttercup will be off to a week long church camp. I know I'll be praying a lot and sleeping little.
Sigh, they grow up so fast.
Fep will do great I'm sure-what an awesome opportunity for her!
As hard as it was to let her go (and hard for her to leave), I KNOW she had a good time. I can't wait to hear all about it! AND I can't wait for you to see what I made for her!
Post a Comment