Thursday, February 3, 2011

The blue balloon...

Blue Balloon

We had been coloring. Fep reminded me I had not colored with her in several years. But a cute Winnie the Pooh coloring book in the dollar section at Target compelled me to dust off my Crayolas. And I sat there with her. She admired my coloring thinking me the queen of the Crayola. And I soaked in her love.

The next day Fep was back to coloring on her own, and she colored a picture of Christopher Robin handing Pooh a balloon. The balloon was blue and I immediately thought, "Not sure that's the color I would have chosen." Moose followed that thought with, "Fepper, why did you color the balloon blue. It's supposed t0 be red." And then we all had a big discussion on the color of the balloon in the Disney Winnie the Pooh that first aired in the late 60's. I agreed with Moose that it was red. Fep insisted it was blue. Moose dug through the old VHS's and found that first Disney made Pooh. On the back of the box was several pictures from the movie...one of Pooh on his blue balloon. I said, "Well, it may be blue on the back of the box, but I really think that's just on the box and it's red in the movie."

A night later, we piled in my bed, coloring book, Crayolas, and a bit of excitement in hand, and watched that Pooh video. And what do you know, but the balloon is blue. I asked Fepper if she looked at the box or if she just remembered it was blue. She said she just remembered it. And for some reason that filled my heart. I think it's that Fep is going to be 13 this year and to know that as she's growing that her little girl days are still in her memory and in her heart makes my heart filled with it all.....

4 comments:

Dawn said...

it never ceases to amaze me... the power of a box of crayolas. love in every color...

xoxo

Heathahlee said...

Oh, what sweeeeeeet Winnie the Pooh stuff she had as a baby! Every once in a blue moon Kiddo will say something about a memory he had when he was little bitty...and it takes me a minute to continue what I'm doing. : )

Auntie Vi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Auntie Vi said...

I lived with you guys when I turned 13. Every afternoon after school, you had been home all day, I would color with you while we watched Sesame Street. We had one of those pink Easter plastic buckets full of broken Crayolas.