(Isn't that the cutest and sweetest? I got it yesterday, and I wore it for the first time today. I LOVE it. And I got this one for a gift. The Adpot Shoppe on Etsy. Go browse her stuff!)
After browsing The Adpot Shoppe site, I knew immediately I wanted this. Right after we were married, Micah 6:8 became The Bob's verse, his "life verse". I remember him saying, almost 16 years ago, "You know it's really simple what we are supposed to do. All the Lord really wants from us is Micah 6:8". We had it framed and years later when it was broken, I had it newly printed and framed for him for Christmas. And it still sits there on his side of the dresser today. So, I got the necklace/pendant out of my love for Him and for him.
I picked it up and rubbed it all day today. I had to go into work as we are extremely short handed at the office. So, it was just me and The Bob there today. And our service techs, but they aren't IN the office. Today, when we had a disagreement over an employee and an excessive amount of time taken off (long story) and I being irritated and down right put out with the employee and him ever patient...and when I went through some statements to send out and came across one in particular he wanted redone so that it did not show a past due notice...even though it is past due...I just started to giggle, and I thought about the level of mercy he has. And then as I was working I remembered him telling us, me and the kids, not too terribly long ago...."I would rather be the one who is taken advantage of. I would rather be the one who comes out on the short end. I would rather be the one put out." He would rather make himself less...to make others more. And for this Christlike quality, I am most grateful.
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?" ~ Micah 6:8
1 comment:
What a sweet, sweet post. He IS a good man. I think it's very interesting that your favorite band has a new song with that verse in it. Know what I'm talking about? : )
Post a Comment