Friday, September 4, 2009

Who you really are...

After the never ending Day in My Life post from the last two post, I wonder...do people see who you really are...or just what you want them to see? There were a couple of things that got left out of that post, because of the length of the post. It really did seem like the post that would not end. But I left out the bad stuff, not the good stuff ...which I'd rather focus on the good than the bad...but I'm just thinkin' here. One thing was that Moose and I had some obedience problems going on that morning, and at lunch I had to deal with it and discipline him. The Bob...when I took that picture at dinner...he was getting really irritated. He was hungry, and he just wanted to eat. Can we say grumpy? The Bob, Fep, and I can get a little on edge when we're really hungry. Anyway, do people see the real you in your blog? Or is the mask on? Is the mask off? I'd like to think my mask is off...I hope that it is...but I think if we're really honest, a lot of us (and I'm not sayin' all...I'm sayin' a lot) just every once and a while...maybe just every blue moon or so...we slip the mask on...

May we all resist the urge to wear the mask...because He sees it all. He knows who we really are....and yet He loves...He loves us when we're grumpy at dinner. He loves us when we are disobedient. And if we will confess it to Him instead of slipping on the mask, He'll deliver us from it all.....

5 comments:

Dawn said...

oh kat... so so true! it is easy to slip that mask on and hide. i am definitely a look-on-the-bright-side kind of girl, so i tend to focus on the good, too. but the stuff that makes us real... is what others look at and say- oh yes! me, too! i am not the only one. and i love that!

Daisy said...

It is tough on the internet. It is so hard to convey emotion.

Post all positives and appear to have on a mask.

Post all negatives and people get tired of your ranting.

Post no personal information and it's hard for folks to connect to your writing.

Post too much personal stuff and people are like, "WOW, TMI."

Striking a balance is hard to do. I try not to be a whiner but on the flip side I want folks to know I have normal days just like they do. Every moment of my life isn't inspiring and some is down right ugly. Haa, That's what Facebook is for. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh so true...it is so easy to hide behind our mask and our blogs..letting only the good show through. I try to always look at the good and work on "me on the inside" part everyday. We are so blessed to be loved by our Lord even though He sees right past our mask....Grace~ Sweet post Kat!

Heathahlee said...

I. LOVE. THIS. POST. Not that I'll take off my mask or anything....just kidding. I agree with Daisy. It's hard to strike a balance. I think I put a mask on, but I do it because when I look at my blog I want to see happy stuff, especially when happy is far away. You know, TrueFaced talks A LOT about putting on masks...you really need to read it! : )

Jen said...

Please come by and sign up for my giveaway. Fep will love you for it. :)