Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Find out Who Your Friends Are....

For the most part, I listen to Contemporary Christian Music. However, I do like some good Country Music, too. Not the trashy stuff like Toby Keith or Gretchen Wilson, but the good stuff like Rascal Flatts or Tim McGraw. My latest download on my iPod was a Tracy Lawrence song. Not usually a Tracy Lawrence fan as he's a bit "twangy" for my taste, but one of his latest songs Find Out Who Your Friends Are is a keeper. Partly due to Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney lending their vocal chords to it also. Tim McGraw, did I mention I like him? Anyway, this song is about true friends. The chorus goes something like this:


"You find out who your friends are
Somebody's gonna drop everything
Run out and crank up their car
Hit the gas, get there fast
Never stop to think what's in it for me
Or it's way to far
They just show on up
With their big ol' heart"

I've looked several times to see if it is a Ringtone to no avail. I'd very much like it to be the Ringtone for these two ladies:



Lisa (and me)


Heather (and me....I think we were having way too much fun here :))


Lisa...always encouraging me to have the character and wisdom of Esther (in the Bible), will tell me what I need to hear (not just what I want to hear), will pretty much drop whatever she's doing if I call crying, has driven way way out of her way while pulling horse trailer to rescue me when "life" happens (as in locking your keys in a running car), she loves deeply

Heather...also tells me what I need to hear (and not what I want), will pretty much drop whatever she's doing if I call crying, still remembers Beth while the world has forgotten and is the only person outside of The Bob and I who has seen Beth's picture...she asked to see it, because she, too, loves deeply

One of my church staff members recently said, "Friends make you better. If they aren't making you better they are your ministry."

I think I may be Heather's and Lisa's ministry ;)

3 comments:

Dawn said...

to have a friend like that is a precious gift. to have two? you are a lucky girl (and it sounds like you know it!) it also sounds like we have the same taste in music! did you see Tim McGraw on the today show last friday? :) and... do you have Way fm where you are? that is what i listen to for my contemporary christian music!

Anonymous said...

How ya been my friend~

Heathahlee said...

I cannot believe I haven't read this yet. I'm so sorry I've been so busy to stop and read my bestie's blog! : (

This made me cry, you know. I love you! I miss you! I need some Kat time! When do I NOT need Kat time?