Monday, October 26, 2009

Milestones...


All the reasons The Bob gave me that she should not do it and that it was too soon. These are the reasons The Bob gave that made Fep have to wait 4 to 5 years before permission from Daddy...

*Just because her friends did it doesn't mean we are letting her do it....
*She is too little....
*Then what's next?...
*You do this then it's makeup....

He finally gave in. A bit against his will. What could possibly cause such a commotion in his emotions? Just this...




Do you see it? At the beginning of this month, Fep got her ears pierced. Just another milestone that goes right up there with her first tooth and her first step. This a little more painful in that we see our Little Fep isn't so little anymore...she's becoming a young lady. A beautiful young lady. So much wrapped up in her growing up. I see her growing in the Lord. I mean really growing in the Lord. She is more spiritually discerning than a lot of teenagers I know, and she's eleven. For that...Thank You Jesus. But then....there's the pull, ever so slight, from Mom and Dad. She's starting to form her own opinions. I'm not near as "cool" as I used to be. Yes, I have been known to embarrass her on occassion lately. She's eleven and soon we enter the preteen years. Then we enter the teen years. So much to unwrap in her growing up.


Chatting at the Sky



6 comments:

Especially Heather said...

My daughter was 11 when her daddy let her get her ears pierced too... I remember that day vividly. So exciting yet unnerving to watch them grow up before your eyes!
-H

Dawn said...

oh kat... it is such a milestone! i had mine done when i was 5 (don't tell fep!) and so i did not make my daughter wait. but there is worth in the waiting. with all tht you have instilled along the way, especially that heart for Jesus... the preteen years might not be as tough as you might think. but the growing? as beautiful as it is to see them grow, it is just as heart-wrenching. but grow they must...

so happy to see you today. i hpe that life is full and that your days are busy with the good stuff. but i sure miss you here!!

Daisy said...

LOL, Dad survived. Very pretty earrings.

My Mom pierced my ears herself when I was 1 years old. Wow. Sadly, I don't even wear earring now. They bother my ears too badly.

My daughter is 10yo and is totally uninterested. She doesn't understand why anyone would put a hold in their ear. That'll probably change at some point. ;-)

Corinne Cunningham said...

That is such a big milestone! I remember getting mine done, around the same age, much to my dad's chagrin ;)

She sounds like such a wonderful girl! Thanks for sharing your unwrapped moment!

Jen said...

I was 21 when I got my ears pierced. I can't wear anthing not real gold, so I had to wait until I could buy a pair of earrings myself.
I'm happy for Fep, and her dad should be too.

Heathahlee said...

*sniff* I can't believe it! *sniff*

She is such a beautiful girl, inside and out. I count it a privilege to have known her forever! : )