So, our little family business which we've had for 17 years continues it's struggles. In part the economy and in part other factors. This month I returned to work for our company in an effort to cut back and reduce. And there's another pay cut for us on our horizon already scheduled for the new year.
I've always worked about 8 hours a week doing payroll and other things. But now I'm looking at working about 25 - 30 hours a week....at least it's still part-time. The only snafu would be that I home school and I just really hope I can pull it all together. The Bob has had a rough two years (you just wouldn't even believe), and he desperately needs my support and help right now. And he's concerned about me, too. He's going to try and work it so I can do as much from home as possible. My cousin told me yesterday, "That's why y'all have a good marriage. You are concerned about each other and not just about yourself." True. I am blessed.
I've wondered what to do with this blog. I have so few readers. But this blog wasn't started to gather readers, it was started to be my little online journal. So, I will continue, I suppose. I post rarely lately, because for the most part I just don't have it in me. But do know that I still do smile. I have found in this crazy holiday season and in my increased work hours (that right now are at the office and not home) I notice things a little more. Things that I might pass by with barely a smirk or grin...like Moose's arms waving madly and wildly to tell me hello when I get home...that makes me smile. And there are other things, so small I can't remember them all, but in that moment of that day, they make me smile. Smiles are there to find if I'll look...and this blog has always made me smile in my heart. So, while I may not post as much and any readers I had gone, it's okay. I still need a place to park my thoughts...and my smiles :)
4 comments:
Well, I'm still around. Sniff, I'm going to miss you. I know you have to do what is best for your family. You are in my Google Reader and staying there. So no matter how long you go between posts, I'll still see your updates.
((hugs))
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you go into this phase of your lives. Keep in mind God is in control and is always with you. Our son is having a hard time now as well so we know some of what you are going through. Loved the photos of the kids, thanks so much. Will still look forward to your posts when you have time to get them in.
I truly hope things get better with this economy! We need a leader and cooperation to pull it together--I pray and pray that it is in God's will for things not to get worse.
I miss you - but understand. Family first!
Glad to hear your magazine finally arrived; I hope it helps bring smiles too. :)
Happy New Year to you Kat and your lovely family.
you took my breath away... at the thought of giving up your blog. but i got it back at the end where you decided to stay. i love every post... even if they are far and few between... you just make me smile. so keep parking those smiles here!
and i am praying that work will juggle out and things will fall into all of the right places.... that you and the bob will continue to support each other... hang in there my friend!! love you!
Post a Comment