I know. I know they're just weeds. I started to throw them in the trash, but then I couldn't do it. I saw the face of a little boy out playing who saw them as a treasure for his Mom. How much longer will he see weeds as flowers? How long until the reality hits that they are just weeds? I rather dread the day when he's gotten so big that he sees the difference. I'm sure that day is just around the corner. But for now, I'll keep accepting what may be just a weed, because to Moose it's a flower, and it's rooted in love.
This post is linked at Emily's Tuesdays Unwrapped.
5 comments:
well, they are pretty weeds :) i'm glad you are keeping them. and from one friend to another, i think i have given up on thinking about that day when my son will see the world through grown-up eyes. because he still grins at the thought of build-a-bear and those stuffed animals still cover his bed. and this mama still smiles when he comes with the bouquet of flowers... that aren't really flowers at all.
rooted in love...what a sweet gesture from your little boy!
Kiddo still brings me those kind, too, in addition to the ones he steals out of your yard. :D
Precious:) I love seeing the world through my kids eyes.
Awwww!
My son use to pick the bloom only and bring them to me. Off of my tulips no less. ha.
Post a Comment