Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The longest day...

This was my yesterday:

6:45 - I'm up late. I should have gotten up at 6:00 to make my 8:45 doctor appointment.
7:00 - Wake kids before jumping in shower.
7:30 - Out of shower, curling hair. Moose asks, "Where is Fep?" She's not up! "Fep, please get up. I woke you up 30 minutes ago, and we have to leave soon."
8:00 - Leave for Dr....running late...it takes 35 min. to get to his office. Just for the record, I used to work at a doctor's office. Just because your appointment is at 8:45 doesn't mean you walk in their door at 8:45. Arriving 20 minutes ahead of appointment is always appreciated. Ummmmm....but I didn't make that today.
8:00 - no gas in car. Will have to stop. Lovely. This will make me even later.
8:05 - stop for gas. Click the pump handle in the little slot thingy that allows you to pump without holding onto the pump. Go in store to get kid's breakfast. Come back and pump is broken and the release did not click off when tank was full. Gas is spilling out all over my car and all over the ground. Probably pumped about $10 worth of gas onto my car and the ground.
8:15 - Keep thinking gas is not good on a car's paint. Pull into another convenience store and buy 5 bottles of water to rinse off gas. Sheriff deputy hanging out at register makes comment I must be really thirsty. I fake a smile. I'm sure they really thought I was nuts if they saw me pouring the water on my car. I'm embarrassed and feel like the whole parking lot is looking at me. Oh, and I'm really late for Dr. now.
8:45 - Sign in at the Dr. at the exact time of my appointment. I'm late, but not late all rolled in one. It takes the girl at the front desk 15 minutes to load my new insurance into the computer. 15 minutes...
8:30 - Listen to lady in waiting room talk on her cell phone. She's disputing a bill. Nice.
9:50 - Nurse calls me back after we've been in waiting room for one hour.
11:00 - Ready to leave Dr. after being told that I have Strep. Fep was diagnosed with Strep on Friday. Strep is very contagious so I ask about Moose and The Bob. They'll have to see Dr., too, if they want antibiotics. Make Moose appointment for 12:30.
11:10 - Leave Dr., get lunch, run to Target, and go back to Dr.
12:15 - Back at Drs. office for the 2nd time. Already feel like I've been there all day.
1:00 - Moose does not have Strep, but they are putting him on antibiotics anyway.
1:20 - Waiting at Pharmacy for meds.....find some yummy Weight Watchers candy for the diet that I'm now on....oh wait, it's not a diet.....it's my new way of life.....
2:20 - Home. Finally.
5:45 - Leave to take Moose to guitar lessons...another car ride and I'm ready to sing, "On the road again..."
7:10 - Moose's lesson is done. Head back home....
7:45 - Walk in the door and finish dinner....
8:00 - Eat dinner while watching 2nd half of The Biggest Loser.....really glad I'm having healthy Black Beans and Rice or I'd really be feeling guilty....also have the urge to go get on the Treadmill after watching the show....but I don't, instead I....
9:00 - Watch Chopped on Food Network. One of my very, very favorite Food Network Shows...
10:00 - Rush kids to bed. Give Moose medicine. Fep took hers earlier.
10:15 - Look at the dosage on everyone's antibiotics. It makes sense that my dosage is a bit more than Fep's cause I'm bigger. But why is Moose's dosage more than Fep's and as much as mine and he doesn't even have Strep??? Will call Dr. tomorrow....and find that this day is now running into tomorrow.....Bah.
10:45 Can't remember if I took my medicine. Have to count out all the pills to see if I did or not. Nope. I didn't take it. So, I take it now.
11:00 - Now that I think about that gas spilling everywhere....I was more concerned about my car than the gas on the ground....what if when I left someone dropped a cig or something....I should have told the lady in the store....Ugh.....

I don't know why, but this was the longest day. Not a bad day, but just loooooooong.

2 comments:

Heathahlee said...

Bless your heart! And I mean that! I wouldn't worry about not telling the gas station lady. I mean, who would smoke, much less drop a cig at a gas station? So stop thinking about it. NOW! : )

I hope you're better soon! You know (and I know you do), it always makes me feel so much better when it's a treatable strep than some nebulous virus that no antibiotics can help.

Dawn said...

i hope you are feeling better! sounds like the day was endless... and i know from experience that just being sick is exhausting enough. ick. take it easy... watch some midless tv... snuggle on the couch. c'mon. you deserve to rest.