Sunday, March 28, 2010
The goal is not just good choices...
I had the privilege of going to a Mother/Daughter type conference with Fep yesterday. The speaker was outstanding. She had three children: an oldest son in college, and daughter in her first year of college, and her third son in his senior year in high school. She said that when the first two were teenagers, starting to branch out on their own, able to leave home and go do stuff, stuff with their friends, that one of the last things she would say is "Make good choices." And then with her 3rd she realized was that the goal? Good choices? Because even the world's best choices are not necessarily even "good choices" for a Christian. So with the last son still at home, but ready to branch out, she tells him before he leaves the house, "Remember the Cross". Remember the Cross. Mmmmmm. I love that. Because if we remember the Cross in all we do, we will not just make "good choices". We will, hopefully, make "His choices". So, when my children are of age that they are branching out, I can already see them walking out the door, with my voice reminding them to "Remember the Cross."
You can find out about the speaker at our conference here.
And with this being Palm Sunday, read Dawn's post here. I thought it was lovely. Embrace Passion Week with your family this week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great reminder!
Easter Blessings to you and your family Kat.
I hate that I've missed so many posts!
I love this one, too!
Post a Comment