In a post last year, I mentioned that I had been on Weight Watchers and that I had gained back half of what I had lost. I even was bold enough to post my weight in a sidebar and track my progress in what I was going to loose (again). You'll notice that sidebar has been removed, because I now have gained ALL the weight back that I lost on Weight Watchers. I fell off the wagon big time. I will not be so bold again as to post my weight. Weight Watchers Online has that information....I like for my blog to be my happy place, so I'm not posting that big ugly here again ;)
In getting back on the wagon, I've started exercising again. The treadmill is my friend. I do find though that when I do get on the treadmill that if I can make it the first 5 minutes, I'm in for the journey, and then I usually don't want to get off. Why? Because when I walk, I listen to music, and I sing. And I'm just telling you that despite what my family says and despite their laughs and giggles, I know that on the treadmill I sing reeeeeeeeal gooooooood ;) It is quite funny to hear someone randomly burst out into song. I've heard The Bob do it once on the treadmill, and it is really funny. Anyway, I have loaded my favorites, and when Casting Crowns sings Until the Whole World Hears, I just have to sing with them. I know they appreciate it. That song just makes me want to charge hell with a water gun...Jesus going before me of course :) When Travis Cottrell sings Jesus is the Lord, I'm compelled to sing with him. We harmonize quite well together. I know it. I just know it.
Seriously, while I know it doesn't sound pretty, I do sing from my heart. It is not uncommon for me to tear up while walking...and not from pain from the exercise....but because I'm overwhelmed with His grace and love. It is not uncommon for me to raise my hands (weights included) in praise to Him. And so I have found my time with Mr. Treadmill is not only good for my body, but also my spirit.
4 comments:
amen! amen! amen!
i am right there with you. of course, i have gained a few more than all. and it makes me mad.
we just "inherited" a treadmill and i was loving it. until i got sick. and i think the breathing is almost as important as the singing on the treadmill :) but i'm gonna get back on when i am well. and when i do? i'll be thinking about you singing... and i'll be happy you can't hear me! (one of my walking favorites? britt nicole... walk on the water.
Well, I for one think you have a pretty voice. And I'm suddenly missing my treadmill. You make me want to get on it! I'm thinking "Unshakable" would be an AWESOME walking song! Have you heard it? It's on a video on my post from January 8th, or 9th, or somewhere in there. And I need to get that new Casting Crowns CD!
I hear the elliptical calling my name.
(I'd rather have a treadmill, but I got talked into the E.)
I have a #10 goal.
Oh I wish I could sing...well I can but only the Lord loves it...Ha!
Post a Comment