If you haven't seen the movie UP, you really should. I took my children to see it last summer, and I expected so little from it. I only went because my children wanted to see it. When I cried at the beginning of the movie and again at the end, I couldn't believe that such a little movie would bring out such emotion. And again I expected so little of it when I walked in the theater.
Yesterday, Fep put in the UP dvd. I was in the kitchen only half watching it. I was cooking up some spaghetti for supper...slicing onions to be exact. The little boy character, Russell, began telling grumpy Mr. Frederickson what he liked doing with his Dad. At the end of his conversation he said, "I know it sounds boring, but the boring stuff is what I remember most." And that line cut to my heart, and I wasn't sure if the tears were from that movie line or the onions. Maybe it was both. But I can't help but have my heart filled by that one simple statement. Because it is the boring stuff that I like to remember most from my childhood. The simple everyday stuff. And it fills my heart to know that that is what my children will remember, too. Just the simple everyday stuff their Mama did with them, that they did with their Dad, and that they did with each other. The days pass so quickly that I can't remember it all. But they will. They will remember the boring stuff the most. And just like Ellie in the movie, their Adventure Books will be full.
2 comments:
oh the boring stuff... it is what life is made of :) thanks, kat... for the reminder.
great
post free classified ads
Post a Comment