Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The next thing....

I'm overflowing with it as of late. Convictions and teaching and knowledge. But what do I do with all of it? Living it all out can be so completely overwhelming. It's so hard when you see your list of want to's and need to's piling up. My list is becoming lengthy, and while it is all to be done in His name and to grow in Him, it's overwhelming. Start a scripture memory plan, take more time to play with my children, contact the Children's Home. And that's rather ironic. I need to find more time with my own children yet we feel led to maybe sponsor and become involved with a child at our local Children's Home. And the list could go on and on. I just know there is something better that He has for me. And I expect it all at once. So, maybe it's just a lack of patience that leads to me being overwhelmed? I just know there is something better He has for me. And I expect it all at once. Or maybe it's a lack of discipline to act on that accumulated knowledge, that conviction? Maybe I'm just still struggling with....self?

It's all so overwhelming......but I find that maybe the living it out is only overwhelming when I try to live it out all at one time. Maybe it's day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute. Maybe it is just as Elisabeth Elliot said, "Just do the next thing." And maybe the next thing can be done quickly...or maybe the next thing will take some time. The next thing. Not the next ten things. So onward I press, to the next thing. And I know He will be there, too, in the next thing.
"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord...
~Jeremiah 29:11