
Her words always touch me. Always move me. And I don't know if I read them in a post on her site or if it was off of my DaySpring dayminder taken from her book, One Thousand Gifts. And it doesn't really matter which it was. Only that I found them. And that I needed them. The words?
"Bend the knee...be small...and let God give what He wants to give..." ~ Ann Voskamp
I could not get them out of my head yesterday. Be small. Or today. Be small. When I want to complain and complain that my feelings are hurt....be small. When I want to justify my emotions and attitude...be small. When it's not fun or anything that you would look forward to, but it's the *right* thing to do.....be small. Maybe so many feelings would not be hurt, maybe such high expectations would not be put on friendships, and maybe I'd keep my attitude and heart in check if only I would be small. What keeps me from being small? Pride. Self. What keeps me from wanting to accept what God gives? For being thankful for what He gives? The same.
Today I'm small...and I will be thankful for what He gives.....
"He must increase, but I must decrease" ~ John 3:30
1 comment:
xoxo
i love these words, too. and yours. thank you for bringing them back to me.
i was thinking htta i have been really missing you, and to see this post here today was like a zap of a connection.
again, xoxo
Post a Comment