17 Years ago today I married The Bob. Three little tidbits of what I know:
*You have to fight for your marriage, and while there are seasons of highs there are also seasons of lows. A great marriage doesn't just happen without work. The pressure of the world, friends, children, extended family, work, hobbies, activities, finances, and plain ole life will all try to crowd out what was set apart for you and your spouse. Not to mention the devil delights in failed marriages.
*Love is a commitment. Not a warm fuzzy. Not that warm fuzzies don't happen, but that warm fuzzies are surface and commitments go deep.
*People change. But hopefully if your marriage is Christ-centered, you'll grow in the change for the good and the better. Our marriage should enhance who we are in Christ. So thankful to be married to a man who does just that.
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!!
UUUUGGGGGHHHH! I missed it again! Well, I just remedied that. I put it on my calendar for next year. :) Happy (belated) Anniversary!
Post a Comment