We are still counting a year of graces. I personally have been working at this for about a year now. And I think I'm just now getting it. It was my children's smiles over my writing "Rupert's soft, warm ears". After they commented on it, I thought about that moment. It was very cold, he was trotting happily beside me on our way to the mailbox. And I reached over for a simple pet. And those ears in that cold were soft...and warm...and silky. And thinking about that moment I got it. We are surrounded by life. Life!! Life that God gives for our enjoyment. Everyday life is most beautiful. Yes, it's painful and hard and I could go on and on and on. But in each day, just look. Look and there you will find something than money can't buy or that materialism won't trump. Just look for it in the smallest moments and you'll find it.... Gifts to you from Him.
2 comments:
So sweet. I love J-dog's ears, too. Even if they are stinky. :)
There are days I have to look especially hard to be thankful. But you're right...the reasons are all around me.
This video plants life in my soul... I watch it over and over. I think my husband could hear Ann Voskamp's voice and identify it... lol... I couldn't find an email on your blog... I wanted to thank you for your encouragement and let you know - you can ALWAYS borrow my words... no problem! haha... just check for typos before you paste... I'm the queen of typos. PS. It's funny you said that about Hunger Games, as I've been heavily researching these books and planned to have a post up by the end of this week, which didn't happen. I'm hoping to write something today or by tomorrow evening specifically about my concerns. I think you have a 'check' in your spirit for good reason. I was appauled to see Christian bloggers actually promoting this series... it's scary when things like that start happening... grace... grace... grace.... right? Please, check back on the blog or subscribe so you don't miss it. Ha... I sound like a sales person. Sorry... :P Much love, friend. Cass @ The Unplugged Family
Post a Comment