This is a re-post of a post from my former blogging days. I'll re-post some other things from those days later on. Anyway, I love beans. In particular, I love black beans. Love them. This is very frugal as it was a recipe by Joni McCoy of Miserly Moms that I tweaked a bit to fit my palate:
Black Beans & Rice
2 cans black beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 large diced onion
1/2 T. minced garlic
1 T. oregano
1 cup of chicken stock
Mix all the above and cook in crock pot for at least 6 hours. With a slotted spoon, serve up some of those beans over rice. Especially yummy if you top with a little cheese, a little sour cream, and homemade or fresh salsa.
1 comment:
Oh, how I wish Sound Man liked the black bean. I wonder how this would taste with red beans? Btw, did you know MY bean has more fiber in it than YOUR bean does? : )
How sad that I'm bragging about how much fiber our food has! Just goes to show that we're getting older! (Notice I didn't say "old"...just "older"...) :)
Post a Comment