*Order off the $1 Menu at fast foot places. After joining Weight Watchers, I have found that I am now quite satisfied from the Wendy's $1 Jr. Burger as I would be from ordering the regular sized Wendy's Single.
*I shop at Aldi when I can. I don't shop there every week as I live 25-30 miles from there, but a couple of times a month I stop in and shop and stock up there. If you don't have an Aldi, maybe you have a Save A Lot? If you don't have either, well....I don't know...
*You can cut back on the amount of detergent you use when washing clothes or running your dishwasher. And I have not noticed any difference whatsoever in doing so. I can see that my clothes are still getting good and clean, and nobody has told me yet that I stink.
*The fact that it's on sale does not necessarily mean that you should buy it. Are you really saving money if it's something that you don't need? Now, I know there is a flip side to this coin. There are a lot of CVS Shoppers who have this huge honking stock of stuff. That's not necessarily what I'm talking about. I know you put a lot of time researching and doing that, and you walk away with everything almost for free. This is what I'm talking about:
There is a clothing store not far from me going out of business. Everything is way way marked down. The clothes horse wannabe in me wanted to stop in and take a look. I know a look would end in a purchase. So, even though there were probably some killer deals, I've not been. Why? Because I don't NEED a thing. Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch. If I don't NEED anything, why buy no matter how good the deal? Do you get the picture of the emphasis being on NEED?
So, there are my measly ideas. Again, I've far to go in frugalness, but I'm always working at it :)
6 comments:
I think those are great ideas! I love Aldi--I save so much money there.
I really should learn to order off the $1 menu. I always forget about it!
Thanks for linking up!
Phoebe
Look at you with your linky linkyness!
No, you do not stink.
And I've started buying off the $ menu, too. Only, the other day Kiddo and I went and I ordered and when she rang it up it was a lot more than I thought it should be. I looked at the receipt and realized she had charged me (and ordered) for two chicken sandwiches. Now, I normally would have gone all Virgil on her but since she had already had an almost emotional breakdown over Kiddo changing his mind from root beer to chocolate milk I gave her a break. I felt sorry for her. Can you believe it? : )
Yehaw!!!! Kat is back in the house,hehe. I just cant wait till we can all get together again. This time we will make sure you stay up late with us! Miss yall~
Kat...I was so excited to see you on Susie's blog. I know how you feel. This blog stuff can take your life over. I had to realize that I am in control of the computer and not let it control me...I love to visit with my friends and if I have time I will post. I am so glad I got to meet ya'll in Nashville. Welcome back!!
Kat.... Bravo! I read your first post {2nd time around} and you said just what so many feel. I love you all the more for being you~ I have been going back n forth about putting ads on my blog. I know that sounds crazy but do I want this to turn into a money thing or a hobby. Im in prayer about it so the ad spot on my blog is at a stand still. This darn blog,hehe. Take care my sweet friend~
So I'll admit I didn't read this post but I just read your first post and I just want to say Well Done, You. Good for you for having a clear purpose and sticking to it. May you continue to enjoy lifes little pleasures as you record them here.
Post a Comment