Today was our first day of school. Moose. That little fellow can be so full of life and love...and such a handful all rolled in one little 8 year old boy. That face looks innocent enough. Our first day of school didn't go so well. Moose took forever to complete the simplest task. Too long to do his math. Too long to do phonics. Too long to do spelling. Moose is a piddler. A dawdler. A daydreamer. And dare I say...a bit lazy. He has a tough time in our home, because nobody else here is a piddler, dawdler, or (sigh) lazy. By lunch he was in tears, and I was contemplating why I homeschool.
At the start of the day, I took pictures to commemorate the first day. Making memories as The Bob would say. Fep, always compliant and a real people pleaser, took her picture without fault...
At the start of the day, I took pictures to commemorate the first day. Making memories as The Bob would say. Fep, always compliant and a real people pleaser, took her picture without fault...
Moose on the other hand...
And...
Oh my....
At the end of the day, when the books were put away, and the talk was had over why it's important to be diligent, I looked at these pictures, and they made me giggle. And I needed a giggle. And within that giggle and laughter, I was reminded why I homeschool....
3 comments:
i love that last shot... of you & your son! what a day for you... starting school and having a bit of a road block. so glad you got to have a bit of fun going back over your photos! today is a new day... hope a good night's sleep will turn it around!
We have so much in common! I think your Moose and my DragonFly must have been made from the same mold.
I'm sure it'll get better as it goes! They have a good teacher; one with patience and one that can laugh at the end of the day. :)
Adorable kids! and I love Moose's T-shirt too. love AZ!
Post a Comment