Monday, August 31, 2009

Reminders in my home...


A heavy heart needs to be reminded. And the reminders are everywhere in my home. His Word. His encouragement. As I walked out the door for church yesterday, I saw this sign...



And thought, "Yes. The blessings of the Lord are upon me." Then I thought of the scripture, "Why so downcast, O my soul? Put your hope in God." The reminders are everywhere, but where am I setting my eyes and my thoughts....

And my faith takes hold. And even though the days are hard, the days are also...good. Why so down cast, O my soul? For your faith in Him will see you through....

2 comments:

Heathahlee said...

I need some of those reminders around my house! I have a little banner that Kiddo gave me a few years ago for Christmas that has Psalm 46:10 on it - "Be still, and know that I am God" and it makes me stop whatever worrying I've been doing and hand it over to Him.

Dawn said...

thanks for sharing your signs... my heart really needed the reminders this afternoon...