Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Day in My Life (Part 1)...

There are a couple of blogs that I like to visit that will from time to time take you through their day in words and pictures. I really like that. I don't know why, because it's just everyday stuff? But I like it. I like it a lot. I've always wanted to do "A Day in the Life of Me" post, but I knew how much time it would probably take. And I was right. So, my daily life will be done in two parts. I'd also like to add that when you do this it makes you extremely mindful of how you are spending your time and your actions. Extremely. So, I've found this to be a beneficial little experiment of sorts. So, here we go....oh, and these pictures are so blurry. One day I'll have a nice camera.....

7:15 am - Rise and shine little lady. You're getting up late!!! (I should get up at 6:30). Have coffee, swing with Fep on the front porch, make hummingbird feed for their feeder, and start laundry...

8:00 am - Go to my room for personal bible time and devotion which I always do in my unmade bed...
While I'm doing this the children are working on their morning chores and stuff...
8:30 am - Look for something to wear - this took 15 minutes!!!! I knew I'd end up in a picture so I was trying to look my best. It didn't happen, and it took 15 minutes because I've gained 14 lbs., and my clothing options are very limited at the moment. (Sigh) I also reboot the laundry.

8:50 am - Clothing picked out, I get in the shower, then dress, put on make up and fix my hair. I'm high maintenance, and I always fix my hair and put on makeup. Always. I'm high maintenance, plus I need it. If you know what I'm sayin'!

9:33 I'm ready and I decide that my bed will have to wait and we need to start on school.

We go to the front porch swing to start school off with our Bible lesson...

Then, I started Fep on English and Moose on Math...



After I got them started, I made my bed, folded laundry, and emptied the sink of dishes....
I had to stop mid fold on the laundry and help Moose with his next subject...you can see he takes it very seriously ;) The pile beside me was the laundry I'd been working on....

Moose finished up his morning school work. He worked from 9:30 to 11:00 he did Bible, Math, English, Reading, and Science. Fep did not get finished until 12:15, and she did Bible, Math, English, Reading, and Science also. Moose is in the 3rd grade and Fep the 6th. She has quite a bit more work than he does. At 12:15 we stopped for lunch. The kids had frozen pizza, and remembering that it took me 15 minutes to find something to wear, I had a Weight Watchers friendly sandwich and pretzels...a 7 point value :)

Are you tired of this yet? I just about am...but part 2 will come tomorrow :) There's more school, more housework, some errands, and just.....life.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

hi kat :)
thanks for this little peek at your life! and into your home. i always think that you don't really know someone until you see their home (you are welcome to stop by my home, but please... give me a few minutes to race through and shove stuff in the closets!) i am sitting here waiting for part 2. see you then!

Daisy said...

I love reading these types of posts. They tell you so much about a person! Can't wait for part 2.

Anonymous said...

I followed the link you left on Jessica's site. I love Day in the Life of posts. I did one too. If you're interested, it is here:
http://myblessedhome.blogspot.com/2009/08/day-in-life-of-me.html#article

I get up at abou6 6:30am on weekdays, but I sleep in until 8am on the weekends. I'm thinking of getting up at 6am, but I haven't decided yet.

I used to be able to get up at 7:30am, but I just have too much stuff crammed into my day, and getting up an hour earlier, makes it so that I don't have to rush through things, you know what I mean?

Anyhow, nice blog you have here. :-)

Jen said...

Oh fun!
You have to be so disciplined to do home school don't you. How do you avoid goofing off. ha!

Heathahlee said...

I have obviously been out of the blogging loop for the past few days! And I want you to know that when you said what you did about "needing it" I seriously said "Oh, PLEASE!" : )