Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Hammies

Sometime in late November, Moose went to the shop with The Bob one Saturday. The Bob called me on the way home to let me know that he and Moose had caught a mouse. Like I would be thrilled with that? Anyway, they were brininging it home. I repeat - they were bringing it home! At this point, Fep is having a major meltdown as she is quite germaphobic. And I've told them many, many a time how much I hate rodents because they a little germy, disease carrying vermin. While Fep is melting down, The Bob and I have a phone conversation that reads something like this:

ME: You cannot bring that mouse home!

The Bob: But Moose really kind of fell it love with it. He thinks it's cute. {ME: Whatever.}

ME: You cannot bring that mouse in this house.

The Bob: We'll let it go outside. I just can't kill it. Moose likes it too much.

ME: If you let it go outside, it will just find it's way INSIDE!

The Bob: Well, I've got to go now.

ME: Don't you bring that mouse home. Don't you bring that mouse home. Don't you (click).

I get off the phone, and Fep has gotten her science book out to show me all the dangers of mice. My sister-in-law is at my house finding everything quite amusing. Shortly, The Bob and Moose come through the door.

ME: Did you bring the mouse?

The Bob: No. We let it out in the parking lot at the church up the road. It can be a church mouse.

Me: (giggling at his pun...)

So, Fep and I are happy, but Moose is NOT. Somehow it gets brought to his attention that maybe he could get a hamster for Christmas. He's all over that. All over it. So, Moose did indeed get a hamster for Christmas. Not one hamster, but two. The Bob...he usually goes above and beyond like that. I thought the new would wear off like when we got ducks. Like when we got rabbits. Like when we got Rupert. But, nope. Here we are weeks and weeks out, and Moose still loves those hammies. I call them The Hammies. He doesn't argue or complain when it's time to clean their cage. And I've about supervised doing it enough that he can do it all by himself. Fep, she doesn't love the The Hammies so much. The germaphobe in her just won't let her. Me, I think they are quite cute. I, too, find them a little germy, but a little wash of the hands or a little hand sanitizer after messing with them and I'm fine. I guess it's obvious where Fep gets her germaphobia :) So, without further adeiu, I give you The Hammies:

2 comments:

Heathahlee said...

AHHHHHH! That is THE CUTEST PICTURE! How in the world did they stay posed like that long enough for you to get a picture? Moose is such a good little Hammie owner!

P.S. Are you enjoying the snow?

{oc cottage} said...

Hoooooooooooooooooooooow cute!

M ^..^