Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Once Upon a Time...

Man, oh man. Am I glad to be back! This is my attempt at blogging for the second time around. Lets sum it up in a story to see where I've been and to see where I'm going:

Once upon a time, Kat had a blog. Kat loved her blog very, very much. She tried to keep up with other bloggers. She tried to impress other bloggers. She tried to entice other bloggers leaving comments here and there knowing it would help build her own blog. One day the Lord convicted Kat that her blog was an (gasp) idol. She spent far too much time thinking about it, far too much time looking at it, and far too much time working on it. Kat decided with tears (literal tears) that the blog must go. And so it did. It took a long time to get that blog out of her system. She would often ask The Bob for another blog. Those conversations usually didn't go very well to say the least. For The Bob knew what the blog idol had once been in Kat's life. The Bob, he's wise. So eventually over time, Kat began to release all of her bloggy feelings. For the most part. But one thing that Kat kept thinking about was the one good thing that came out of blogging. When she blogged, she was very reflective. She noticed things more. She noticed her children more. She noticed simple pleasures more. Her blog was in a sense a little scrapbook, a little online journal. That's what Kat never quit missing. So months went by, and Kat conjured up the nerve to ask The Bob again, and without hesitation, without anything but a smile, he said yes. And so now the story of this blog will begin. Reflections. That's all it will be. The joys of life from my view. No self promoting. No comment leaving to get traffic. Just my little online journal. If people show up, fantastic. If not, that's fantastic too.

Man, oh man. It's good to be back :)

4 comments:

Heathahlee said...

OH, AM I GLAD YOU'RE BACK, TOOOOOOOO!

Lisa said...

Good for you! It can be very addictive and competitive. Glad you have dealt with it and are back.

Lisa Q

Miss Laura Lu/RMS4291960 said...

Nice to meet you Kat! I think I undertand about the idol thing! But I have so enjoyed meeting other christian ladies that share my interests that I would never, never have ever met in real life! I promise I'm not trying to get more people over at my blog but I'd love for you to visit and check out some of the wonderful ladies I made friends with initially on the HGTV Rate My Space site! I just thought about my recent post complaining of not getting an award and then I did...um maybe you're right about this idol business!?! God Bless you today! Lauralu (Heather's aunt in law)

CarlynB said...

Hi, Kat!

I'm glad you are blogging again.