Friday, February 20, 2009

Room Love


Don't decorate with manly things. The deer above the fire place had it's time.
The family picture makes a much nicer presentation than Mr. Deer, I think.
Accessorize with things from people you love.
Mr. Bird is from my friend Heathahlee who I happen to love very much.This tassel was made by Susie Harris. I got it specifically to go with the bird, and I love it.

Finally, looking back at the picture of the fireplace with the family picture (not the deer), I notice a book in the bottom right corner.

It's a Book I love.

For more ideas, much better than my own:

7 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Great transformation! The mantle looks so pretty. I also love the bird tassel!

Jen

Heathahlee said...

Awwww! You love me? Just kiddin'. I know you do. I love you back. And I do believe I see a little Dixie love in the picture with Mr. Deer.

BTW, I LOVE the new blog look! Fits you PERFECTLY! Not too frou-frou, not too...what's the opposite of frou-frou? Stark? Manly? I don't know, but it's not whatever word I'm looking for. Anyway, it fits you perfecto. : )

Rachel Lundy said...

Beautiful and well done! Nice picture, cute tassle, and great Book!

Crafty Niche said...

Everything looks very nice! Love the family portrait in place of the deer. :)

Phoebe @ GettingFreedom said...

Can you talk my husband into getting rid our our deer? I would love to replace it with our family photo.

Beautiful room!

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love the tassle. How did you convince your husbad to take down the deer! Though I have made a rule of no full animal heads in our house (my husband is a hunter, but dead animals freak me out) we do have a set of antlers that currently live in our eat in kitchen since I refused to put them in the living room.
Any suggestions?

Monica said...

Oh I love the picture above the fireplace!Nice touches!