Monday, July 27, 2009

Coming to a close...


My goodness gracious have we been busy. We celebrated Fep's 11th birthday camping. We had such a pretty spot this time. That's Fep, Moose, and Dixie at our spot at sunset. We were right on the lake, and it was wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.


I find that all the summer projects I wanted to get done have not gotten done. We started the window cleaning...not finished. Clean out closets...not done. Get horse trailer listed for sale...not done. Go through homeschool stuff and make way for new stuff...not finished. Repaint bathroom....not done. All this stuff got left behind in the busyness of other stuff. And now summer is coming to a close, and I only hope we can finish the windows and get the horse trailer up for sale....and sold! But in the midst of my Summer To Do's not getting done, we did find time for friends....





And we found time for much needed rest...



And we found time for fun...


My summer is coming to a close as it looks like I'll start up with homeschooling in two short weeks. And yes, we'll finish the windows and sell the trailer (hopefully), but the other stuff, it'll still be there. And we'll be grateful that we left it for camping, family, swimming, friends, and the memories made....

{ And memories are made for unwrappingwith
Emily:) }

5 comments:

Dawn said...

this is exactly how i think... how could you ever regret putting family fun over tasks?!

your camping pictures are great. i love the sunset silhouette!

Scooper said...

Sounds just like my place. A lot of fun and busy-ness but little crossed off the summer to-do list. Today? Off to the pool. Our homeschool starts next week and I'm not the least bit ready for it.

Enjoy the last of summer!

Unknown said...

oh , I so feel this, and so I sit and share in this :)
and the piles and lists grow

Anonymous said...

I could have written this! In the end, you're so right, the memories are much more important! :)

Jo said...

Absolutely! You'll never regret making those memories and neglecting the summer "to-do" list!