So, what does a person do that already has an issue with spending too much time in blogworld? They join Facebook. Real smart of me. That's where I've been, and that's why I've not posted on my blog or commented much over the last several days. Facebook. Bad idea. It seemed so simple ~ "Oooooohhhhhh, let's do this and find people we haven't talked to in forever." Well, that's all well and good, but I think it's more of a time killer than blogging. And at least when I visit blogs, I can find some hidden treasures or words of wisdom from people like Daisy, Dawn, or Emily. Facebook, and I do not want to offend anyone on Facebook, is just random nothingness...for the most part. Again, no offense. Really, no offense, please. Remember, I'm a Facebooker. But again, it's so random. And I'm constantly convicted about using my time wisely, so I'm really going to have to start keeping myself in check with it all. I lean on this verse all. the. time. And I need it now.....
"She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness."
Proverbs 31:27
Okay. I'm off to do something for my household. For my children. For Him......
Edited to add: Feeling a little guilty for the above. Really, there is something to be said for catching up with old friends. There's nothing like good friends. I'm just finding it to be another time killer is all......
3 comments:
i am in 100 percent agreement with you! it was fun to find a few friends... but that darn fb takes so much TIME! i haven't been on in...oh... three months? and i haven't missed it one bit!
and thank you... from the bottom of my heart... for thinking anything i have to say might be considered a treasure.
It is sooo hard. I've joined FB and dumped it no fewer than 3 times. This last time I signed up WITH my husband and we are only friends with family. Our family is all out of state and it really is a great way to keep in touch. When I start adding in homeschoolers and friends and church buddies, forget it...time is GONE. Sharing an account with hubby also helps because we are answering as the "BOTH" of us. I'm less likely to engage in idle chit-chat that way.
My cousin Karen and I were talking about this yesterday...more specifically how we have to wade through stuff to get to what we really want to know. She told me how to organize it a little bit better and I know that's going to help me greatly. Trust me, honey, the new will wear off quick. Oh, and let me say that the three almost four days of not being on FB hasn't cramped my style one bit! :)
Post a Comment