Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Camping We Will Go....

Tonight, we are leaving to go on a 3 day camping trip. It will be our first camping outing, and we are super excited. I will mention that I am NOT a tent camper. Nope. No Siree. There's something to be said for air conditioning (particularly when you live in the South!), your own shower, and your own toilet even in the Great Outdoors. Not to mention the use of such amenities as a blow dryer and curling iron. We bought a used camper last year, and we are just finally getting to use it. Finally.

I hope to unplug while we are gone. Unplug from the stress of owning a business. Unplug from the demands and frustrations of daily life. Unplug from the distractions I let creep in my daily life....the computer, the TV, the phone. All distractions. I look forward to plugging into a good book, time with The Bob, time with Fep and Moose, bike rides, nature trails, walks by the lake, and a tasty steak on the grill. I think that I may not want to come back......

6 comments:

Dawn said...

oh kat, i hope you have a wonderful time! i really hope you love it... i'm sure your kids will! we love it so much (even in a tent!) and wish it were just a bit cooler to make summer camping bearable. the latest we have ever gone is Memorial Day! enjoy being unplugged... it is ever so nice to kow that there really is nothing to do.... except relax and have fun. happy trails! and i hope you see some great birds!

Heathahlee said...

I am SO not a tent camper, either, but give me a camper and I'm there, baby! : )

Y'all have fun this weekend and get some relaxin' in!

Jen said...

I wish I would have known sooner, I have a butane curling iron I could have let you borrow.
yes, seriously.
(I went camping...once.) :)

HSingMama said...

Sounds great! I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend.

Goat Gal said...

Hello! I stumbled here through Stop and Smell the Chocolates.
We just went on out first camping trip in our tent trailer and it was really fun. The weather wasn't great but the company was.
Hope you have a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

Hope you had a wonderful time!! And guess what? You're one of the winners of the free laundry detergent from my blog! Just e-mail me your info and I'll send you the coupon. Congrats!!