You don't have to look hard to find the bad. You don't have to look for it at all. It's pronounced. Loud. Blaring. It's everywhere. At every turn. At every corner....A struggling business. A pay cut. Employee layoffs. Relationship struggles. Relationship struggles. And even more relationship struggles. My friend at the doctor.
But to find the good...I love Ann at Holy Experience. I find myself at her site when I'm depleted, and I feel like I have nothing left. I go and find her encouragement and His Words, to be reminded of the good. The simple. And the lasting. I always find that encouragement there, and I find I can release my troubles. Release. Soul cleansing release. And I find the good, the lovely, and the life-giving....
*how Granny's eye's twinkle when she's happy and when she laughs
*the smell of fresh cut grass
*homegrown tomatoes on the vine
*those same tomatoes on a sandwich :)
*the view from my front porch
*the sound of my children playing
*the look the swimming pool water has when it's a sunny day
*a lazy hound dog sprawled across the step on a summer day...on any day :)
Good. Simple. Refreshing.
2 comments:
What sweet things you have listed.... sometimes its easy to forget the small things in life that make us smile. Take care~
I have been so busy since reading your message to me I haven't had a chance to respond back...I will go do that now, but I just want you to know that I love you so very much.
On another note, I'm going to the doctor tomorrow too. Just feeling bleh.
Post a Comment