Monday, August 10, 2009

Life found (in)courage

As I thought of the post that I'd write to link up at (in)courage , I find that my Source of courage comes from the same source as many others have mentioned. It's Him. I find Him in the morning sitting indian style in front of my pillow. His Word open before me trying to find a morsel to help get me through my day. If I'll pay attention close enough, if I'll give Him the time, I'll find Him not only sitting at my pillow in the morning, but throughout my day. He's faithful like that. Always waiting on me. Always willing to welcome me back. Yesterday at church, the fellow giving announcements prayed a simple prayer. A simple sentence in that prayer pierced my heart. "Your Word is....life." His word is life. Life. Life abundant and full. As I've randomly selected several posts to read from the linky, it dawned on me that we are not only posting about what encourages, but also what breathes life into us. Life. Abundant and full. Our lives are completely enhanced and transformed by these things we are posting about, and without our source(s) of courage, our lives would be only a small resemblance, only a small piece of what we have now. Now with our sources of courage.

In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. John 1:4


3 comments:

Dawn said...

beautiful kat... sitting indian style and walking beside you all day long. life. it's good.

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

I love the way you wrote this. Perfect and true.

Holley Gerth said...

Yes, I love how you linked courage to life and life to Him. So very true, and yet I had never thought of it quite that way. Thank you for the new perspective!
Holley - (in)courage