Fish Allison. That doesn't sound very appetizing - does it? Oh, but it is. This recipe is from one of my fav-o-rite cookbooks ever, and it comes from The Crown restaurant in Indianola, Mississippi. The official name of the recipe is Catfish Allison, and it calls for catfish. However we used it on tilapia last night. It was still really good. I really think you could do this with any fish. I may try it with salmon in the future.
Fish Allison
6-8 fish fillets - I only use the amount of fillets I need for my family (4) - and remember you can choose the fish :)
1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
4 T. butter/margarine
6 T. mayonnaise
1/2 t. Worcestershire sauce
generous dash of hot sauce
1/3 cup chopped onions
Mix the cheese, butter, mayo, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and onions. Poach fish in simmering water for 4-5 minutes. When finished poaching, place fillets on baking pan and cover with 3 T. of the cheese mixture. Broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese mixture is lightly brown.
My children aren't big fish eaters, but they like this. Also if you are using a smaller number of fillets you can cut back on the measurements for the mixture. See Gayle at Grocery Cart Challenge for more recipes :)
1 comment:
Is this from "our" cookbook or does The Crown have one? Because there is a recipe for catfish cakes that I've wanted since I started working at the bank in 1998! I had to go down there and they took me to eat at The Crown. That was the best fish meal EVER. I really would like to find it. I guess I could Google it but I bet I won't get "their" recipe. : )
Post a Comment