Phoebe is having a menu planning linky. I'm joining in.
I am a list maker. It's what I do. And I cannot even fathom going to the store without a menu plan and a list. I have a really, really good friend that does go without a menu plan and a list, and it boggles my mind. Although, part of me does appreciate that go with the flow attitude. Anyway, go with the flow isn't me so much.
Phoebe gave us the following questions:
How many weeks do you shop at a time? It has been one week at a time, but I'm trying to move it into two weeks at a time. Heathahlee is shaking her head right now. She shops two weeks at a time, and I am CONSTANTLY picking her brain over what she does to do that. I'm going to get it to two weeks if it kills me. And it probably will.
How do you keep track? A list on the fridge of what we run out of or are low on is always running. Then when I make my menu once a week (again, moving to two weeks), I write out what I need for those recipes.
How do you decide what to eat? Ummmmm. What sounds good. Really. I know some people shop around sales, and I should do that, but I don't. I do like to try and have, much to my family's "delight", one bean meal a week. I love beans, my family not so much. They'll learn to love them though :)
How does this help you? If I did not menu plan and make a list, I'd never have what we needed in the pantry on a consistent basis. Never.
So, that's it, and to me, it's pretty elementary. But for people like my non menu planning, non list making, good friend, maybe it's not?
4 comments:
No, I didn't shake my head, but I did giggle.
I cannot IMAGINE going to the store with no plan and no list. The thought sends shivers down my spine.
Yup, Iwith HeathahLee--shivers down my spine with no list. I would either end up with nothing, or the entire grocery store. None of which would fix dinner! :)
Thank you for sharing and linking up today!
I read that you work with your husband..I do as well. Sure makes live interesting.
I enjoyed stopping by your blog. You have a lovely family.
See you next Friday at Cents for Debt-Free.
We have a couple of things in common. I love making lists and I homeschool as well! I don't always shop the sales either. I try to but sometimes I just buy it if I need it. I shop at Winco, though, so it's pretty great prices.
Post a Comment