I'm still overcoming the newness of Facebook. It still has me in it's grips. Heather says the newness will wear off. Dawn says she hasn't looked at her Facebook page in months and hasn't missed it. But I am still stuck in it's grasp, finding "new" old people and family. Seeing pictures of family and friends and their children that I haven't seen in years and years and years. And then I check in on blogs and I find this post by Emily or a visit to Ann at Holy Experience. And I am captivated and touched by their words. Words that aren't random. Well, sometimes the words are random...but sometimes, the words stir our hearts. And sometimes there are words that have the ability to change us and impact us forever. I'll never ever forget this post from Ann, and I have the words "It is enough" taped on my kitchen window because of it. Life changing.
My words are not fancy or thought provoking or life changing, so I cling to the heels of those that have that ability. And I find my way back from the pictures of faces to words. Words that are worth Unwrapping with Emily. Words that are cleansing, sweet, and filling.
5 comments:
haven't Emily's posts this past week been amazing? I have read them and been challenged. I have teared up. Oh, and I've been on facebook for a year and I still love it. Still catching up with family and friends far away. I love it.
i love tuesday's at emily's... well any day really. but i love coming here just as much. really. reading blogs makes us remember that we aren't the only ones who don't have the perfectly tidy life we strive for! and... as it just so happens... i did log onto facebook yesterday! it was okay... but now i keep getting e-mails from them teling me so-and-so said this, etc. it sure tries hard to suck you back in!
it is hard to find a balance, and we all have a different sense of community I suppose. I may be tempted to join Facebook to some family photos.. but still stalling.
I feel so blessed to have found many words that speak to my soul here in this blog world. Never say never I guess. Ann is my morning scripture , and the list of bookmarked cyber truth and light shiners just keeps getting more abundant.
Nice to meet you here..
I had to email Emily yesterday because what I wanted to say to her was just too personal to put in the comments. Her post yesterday about did me in.
Holy Experience always has something powerful. Awesome! I'm on FB too. "Kysha's Alwaysbusy" or allhim_praise@yahoo.com
Post a Comment