Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Two short, too short weeks...

I cannot believe how quickly this summer passed by. It seems like I wrote this post only yesterday. Now, I have lamented and thought and lamented and thought, and I have down our choices for this years curriculum. And for those who don't homeschool, you might not understand lamenting over curriculum, but I'm tellin' ya, we homeschoolers lament. We lament often...

Fep will be entering 6th grade using:
Bob Jones for reading and history, Rod & Staff for English, A Reason for Spelling, copy work for penmanship, Teaching Textbooks for math, and A Beka for science and health. How's that for a smorgasbord?

Moose will be entering 3rd grade using
McRuffy Press for phonics, reading, English, and writing. Rod & Staff for Math. Bob Jones for history. A Beka for science.

I've bought and ordered our curriculum, and I'm waiting for August 10th our anticipated start date. Let the fun begin!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

wow... i'm just lamenting about where to buy all the blank notebooks for school. i admire you for being able to teach your kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Maeks me want to homeschool so bad. I feel I am not "good" enough to give Madison what she needs becuase I have such a hard time with her just with homework. My husband does as well and he has his Master Degree...yikes! I so look up to you and Heathalee...you girls rock in book and your kids will be so blessed by it Im sure. Im looking forward to a new school year,as I am in hope of my best friend being able to be Maddys teacher. She's also my neighbor...smiles... Will know soon. Enjoy your last few days of summer....Susie~

Heathahlee said...

I STILL don't know what I'm using for Reading. I may just make it up as I go. : )

Seriously, I've been so caught up with Momma, I haven't had time to think about ANYTHING else. I did get some stuff yesterday (grade/lesson plan book, HUGE white board, dry erase markers, new colored pencils, etc, etc.) and that has made me look forward to school. I told Sound Man I was going to get stuff together today. So what am I doing? Playing on the computer. Sigh....putting off the inevitable.

Anonymous said...

You are too sweet!