I have a confession to make. I had to look up "yuletide" in the dictionary to see what it meant. Just in case you may be in the same boat I was in, it means "Christmas season". So yes, that title fits this post. And YES I know we've not even had Thanksgiving yet. But I like to put up the tree some time during Thanksgiving week, and seeing that we've taken a break from home schooling this week for the holiday, we put it up today. I have to say, I am like Ebenezer Scrooge when I put up the tree. Up to the attic to get down a gazillion heavy boxes. Down an attic ladder with a gazillion heavy boxes. Children rushing to see what goodies are in those boxes. Paper flying everywhere. Tangled lights. And then this...
A floor that I cannot even walk across. It's enough to make a neat and tidy person crazy. It took about 2 -3 hours to do everything, and I had to apologize two times to my children within that short time period (shamelessly hanging head low). And why? Why do I get so grumpy about it? I love it when it's finished. And I hate being this way...I wish I savored this time with my children. I think I need a professional Christmas decorator to come and do it for me. I vowed to the children today that I will not do it without the help of The Bob again. That's what his manly muscles are for...taking heavy boxes from the attic.
And when it's finished...
all is well. Even Dixie was glad to find a spot on the floor again ;)
3 comments:
oh!! it looks so pretty. i am hoping to clear out some space in the garage so i cna get my decorations out this weekend :)
(and i can bet that my decorating might include a little yelling, too)
oh!! it looks so pretty. i am hoping to clear out some space in the garage so i cna get my decorations out this weekend :)
(and i can bet that my decorating might include a little yelling, too)
Ooooh, preeeeety! I'm going to force Sound Man to stay home from hunting to take the Christmas stuff down because I refuse to climb in and out of the attic a gazillion times. Mean wife that I am.
Oh, and THAT particular snowman tassel isn't in my Etsy shop. There IS a snowman tassel, but YOU have a one of a kind, you do. I don't even have any more toppers like that.
And speaking of hanging heads low, I'm hanging mine because I haven't told you yet that yo' bird is ready. It has been for a while...I just keep forgetting to tell you. See? Hanging head low...
I have to say, it's reeeeeeeally pretty! Can I say that?
Post a Comment