Thursday, March 26, 2009

I just can't tell...

how much I'm really saving? Okay, so here's the picture of my grocery purchase today:


And let me say before I continue, this was a PAIN. I don't know how Gayle does this every week. Putting all those groceries out to take the picture and then having to put them where they really go....a pain, I tell you. Anyway, this is what I got...and PLEASE do not throw rocks at me for what you feel is nutritionally inadequate or too junky, okay? Okay. It is as follows:

28 ct. case bottled water
24 ct. tea bags
4 lb. sugar
Bottle of Tartar Sauce
Toilet Paper (12 double rolls)
Bacon Bits
Strawberry Pop Tarts (no rocks)
Basil
Mustard
Italian Dressing
(4) can green beans
(4) can diced tomatoes
(1) cream of chicken (fat free)
(1) cream of celery (fat free) (I mention fat free because it cost more than reg.)
(2) can mushrooms
(2) chicken gravy mix
(2) spaghetti (16 oz ea)
(2) Rotel
(4 ) shredded cheddar cheese (2 cups per bag)
1 gallon of milk
1/2 gallon chocolate milk
Large Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer
(3) Grands Biscuits (5 ct.)
Hand Soap (Refill Sized)
(10) Banquet Frozen Dinners (again, no rocks)
(2) Frozen Brussel Sprouts (there, the healthy stuff is back)
(1 )Frozen Corn
8 lb. bag Chicken Leg Quarters
2 lb. bag lettuce / salad mix
1.2 lbs tomatoes
1 Pineapple
5 lb. bag red potatoes
(2) Family Size Bag of Tortilla Chips
(2) Microwave Popcorn
1 lb. bacon
Lunch Meat - ham
Lunch Meat - chicken
Loaf of bread
Total: $102.68

This came from Kroger and I saved 30%, so they say. "Store Coupon" savings was 34.53 and Manufacture/Bonus Coupons was $6.05. So according to them my total should have been adding back savings from sales and coupons $143.31. What I really want to do is go buy all of the exact items at Walmart and see what their total comes to not having the sales ad and coupons. Anyone want to do that for me? I didn't think so. I just don't know...do you think that looks like a good amount of food, considering what was bought, for $100? Oh, and the reason why the only meat you see is the 8 lb. chicken and 1 lb. of bacon is that I have other meat in the freezer :)

And today was a double post day, because tomorrow there's this:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job! I hear ya on the grocery pic thingy too.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Boy you must really have a big yard! I thought mine was big..have a great one!

Heathahlee said...

It looks good to me, but you know, I shop at Aldi and I am always amazed that my total is usually lower than I expect. You know I do love the stinky store. I don't know how Gayle and Jen do it either. It's a full time job getting the deals and stuff done. :)