I don't usually link up with Motivate Me Monday, but this week the list maker in me just wouldn't let me miss it. Yes, I am a list maker. I love making to do lists and I love making schedules. The problem is that for the past year or so, I have a lot of trouble implementing them. I used to be able to make a schedule for the season of life I was in and seem to follow it to a "T". I just really don't know what has happened? Am I just looking back at life with "rose colored glasses" OR have I become, dare I say it, lazy in the running of my day? I'm still trying to figure that out. I will say that despite my inability as of late in keeping things running like clockwork, I still manage to get everything done on my weekly to do list. The house gets cleaned, groceries get bought, etc., etc. etc. Here are my two lists that I copied and pasted from Microsoft Word in my computer:
The Daily Schedule:
(6 AM) Morning Routine:
Coffee time & computer (30 min.)
Start laundry
Quiet Time
Shower & Dress
Wake Children
Breakfast & chores
Start School (9:30)
(12 – 12:40)Afternoon/Evening:
Lunch & Break
(1:30-2) Finish School
(2:30-3:00) School done/Chores/Free
4:15 Exercise
5:00 Fix supper and children chores
7:00 Supper, clean kitchen, final house tidy, make next day's to do's
Daily Chores: Other things for Saturday:
Super Tidy clean fridge
laundry organize? a closet, a drawer, etc.
project?
Weekly To Do's:
Change sheets, Office Work, Fep's Violin, Cleaning, Groceries, Errands
When I look at the above, it all looks so simple. I might add that I homeschool and work part-time for my husband's/our plumbing business. So when you see "office work" that's a lot more than just our personal budget and bill paying. And those are my excuses. Everyone has things in their life that keeps the extra busy. Like Sarah Mae has toddlers and a newborn right now. She's sleep deprived. So as I've said, I am really struggling with everything right now. For example, that daily schedule says that I should have gotten up at 6:00, but I didn't get up until 8:30. Tired from all that Mother's Day love. Most everything on that daily schedule will get done, it just won't flow as smoothly as I'd like because I got up late :( So, I guess I'm off to get caught up on my day! I'm feeling pretty motivated now ;)
Linked at Sarah Mae's:
The Daily Schedule:
(6 AM) Morning Routine:
Coffee time & computer (30 min.)
Start laundry
Quiet Time
Shower & Dress
Wake Children
Breakfast & chores
Start School (9:30)
(12 – 12:40)Afternoon/Evening:
Lunch & Break
(1:30-2) Finish School
(2:30-3:00) School done/Chores/Free
4:15 Exercise
5:00 Fix supper and children chores
7:00 Supper, clean kitchen, final house tidy, make next day's to do's
Daily Chores: Other things for Saturday:
Super Tidy clean fridge
laundry organize? a closet, a drawer, etc.
project?
Weekly To Do's:
Change sheets, Office Work, Fep's Violin, Cleaning, Groceries, Errands
When I look at the above, it all looks so simple. I might add that I homeschool and work part-time for my husband's/our plumbing business. So when you see "office work" that's a lot more than just our personal budget and bill paying. And those are my excuses. Everyone has things in their life that keeps the extra busy. Like Sarah Mae has toddlers and a newborn right now. She's sleep deprived. So as I've said, I am really struggling with everything right now. For example, that daily schedule says that I should have gotten up at 6:00, but I didn't get up until 8:30. Tired from all that Mother's Day love. Most everything on that daily schedule will get done, it just won't flow as smoothly as I'd like because I got up late :( So, I guess I'm off to get caught up on my day! I'm feeling pretty motivated now ;)
Linked at Sarah Mae's:
5 comments:
Oh man this is good. I bet you stick to it perfectly don't you! I'm a little jealous - it is a STRUGGLE for me!
It is hard to get motivated with all these gray skies. I am always envious of those with lists that seem to get it all done? I usually find that if I get half done that is a good day. I'm trying harder though. Really I am.
I'm trying harder and getting better each day. I like seeing other moms schedules because it really helps me get motivated!!
This is wonderful! I so enjoy seeing everyone's schedules! I'm thinking if I could just combine everyone's schedules into one, it would be a super fantastic perfect schedule!
Thanks so much for sharing!
You know I live and die by my very organized, strict schedule. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Post a Comment