On May 12, 2003, my daughter Beth was born. I was 24-25 weeks pregnant, and I knew when I gave birth to her that she was already gone. I've posted about her before here. Why is the loss of a child bittersweet? Well, I think that when Jesus finds you in your pain and brings you out of the unthinkable, then yes, it becomes bittersweet. I would give anything to have Beth back, but I would not take anything for what the Lord taught me in her passing.
I wanted to post this to make sure she is remembered. I don't get by her grave site as often as I should. Honestly, I'm embarrassed at how long it's been. Fep keeps reminding me that we haven't put flowers there in a long time. I may not get by her grave as I should, but I'll never ever forget. She would have been 6 years old this year. Happy Birthday, Beth!
Elizabeth Reagan Stewart
May 12, 2003

10 comments:
Kat, this is a perfect thing to add to Tuesdays Unwrapped. Beth is a gift to you, both her life inside you and the things you learned in her death. And you are remembering her with sweetness and love. Thank you for sharing her with us.
thank you for sharing your bittersweet moment... remembering can be difficult... but a gift, just the same
By sharing your precious memories you share the gift God sent you with others. God Bless you and the family.
Thanks for remembering Beth here today, and for sharing the bittersweet memory with us. And to discover the great Comforter in the midst of your pain, to say that it is worth it....Wow. I so appreciated reading those words. Thank you.
Kat...I posted something similar.
What a blessing to read about your daughter and what God has done in your life because of her. Thank you for sharing.
Happy Birthday to your sweet girl. Remembering her. all my love,
Rachel
bless your heart. Hugs to you!
Thank you so much for sharing Beth with us. I can't think of a more perfect "Tuesdays Unwrapped" than this. God bless you!
I can't believe it's been 6 years. I am crying as I'm typing this, and I hate I'm just now getting to reading this post. I love you, Kat.
Thanks so much for sharing that and honoring Beth's memory. I have never lost a baby so far along in the pregnancy, though I've had several miscarriages. Blessings to you!
Post a Comment