Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Stormy

It's 4:00 in the morning, and I've been up Storm Chasing, as The Bob likes to call it. I must admit that one of my weaknesses is being too fearful of thunderstorms. Our weather radio started going off between 2:00 and 2:30 with thunderstorm and tornado warnings. Being that I have my priorities straight, I got up to check the weather online with the National Weather Service and then I visited blogland. Again, I have my priorities. I did check the track of the tornado warning first. About 3:00, my county was under a tornado warning, so I got up The Bob and the children. We have a storm cellar, and being that I am on the overly fearful side when it comes to storms, it doesn't take much to get me down there. The Bob wants to see the tornado with his own eyes before he goes to the cellar. Sure enough, The Bob went back to bed and the children and I hit the cellar. Needless to say, there was no tornado. False alarm. Here is some of the conversation snippets that we had while down there:

"Mom, look at Moose's eye. It's red. Does he have pink eye?"

"Don't touch me. You'll give me pink eye."

"(children laughing hysterically) Let's pretend....."

"Has Aunt Heathahlee ever told you the story about Uncle "M" wearing his hard hat in a hail storm?" (me giggling) And yes, Heathahlee, that still makes me giggle after all these years.

"Do you see that cockroach?" (In which I thought of Daisy and this post.)

"Where DID that cockroach go?"

"(yelling)It's behind my head!" It's been a while since we've been in the storm cellar, and it needs to be cleaned. My first thought at entering the cellar was if the tornado didn't get us the spiders would.....

And finally.......

"Can we go yet?"

Yeah. I think the cockroach did them in. So, now that I'm good and awake, I'm off to bed.

4 comments:

HSingMama said...

Hi Kat...you can use the cartoon. Its done by Todd Wilson. I love his stuff. :o)

Debra said...

Glad it didn't get too bad. I slept right through it. Tell everyone hello.

Heathahlee said...

I had no idea you had a tornado warning. I had no idea it was supposed to be bad, or I would have had the weather radio on. I do have an idea, though, that my oldest and most precious of dogs has decided the best time to have to go pee is in the middle of the night during a monsoon. Second night in a row. So, while you were in the cellar, I was in the sewing room, saying really bad things about my dog.

And that story still makes me giggle, too. : )

Sarah Mae said...

Ha! I love the convo snippets - especially the pink eye one!

I'm with you on storms, I think they are so cool, but I would prefer the basement if there was even a slight warning!