Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Where there's smoke...

there's fire. We had a backyard bonfire Sunday. It was done after a long afternoon of yard work, so pardon how my family is dressed, okay? It was really smokey. Can you tell? I have no idea what Fep is doing (Indian Fire Dance?), and that is Dixie in the back with the glowing eyes. Gives a nice creepy effect, don't you think? Anyway, if I didn't mention it, it was really smokey.


But Moose braved the smoke to get to the yummy bonfire food. Hot dogs. Marshmallows. Graham Crackers. Chocolate. Oh yeah! We had us some S'mores.

It appears Moose is trying to impress Fep with his roasting abilities. Although from what I can tell, whatever is on the end of that skewer thingy is over roasted. Burnt. So, I'm not sure he impressed her. Then there's the Bob impressing us with his fire building abilities.

Notice The Bob has sunglasses on top of his head. He wears his sunglasses at night. He's cool that way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah that's the way he rolls! The Bob is The Man! Looks like you guys had fun.

Heathahlee said...

Was the bonfire perchance on top of a galvanized pan? No? Oh, there's just no adventure, then! : )

I wish I could have had some s'mores. *sniff*

BTW, I got your message about the bluebirds...I was at Chris Tomlin. Woo Hoo!!!

Anonymous said...

T'm too sexy for my shades. Too sexy for my shades. LOL Looks like a lot of fun!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I love it...we have many of these same pics with our bonfires. :)

Thanks for your comments about the news segment. You'll get there with the coupons. There is a huge learning curve but now I just think that way all the time. It helps to have a few friends to keep your eyes out together that live by you. We email each other with other good deals in case someone missed something.