Dixie is a Welsh Pembroke Corgi. She is of English descent, and the Queen has several of this wonderful breed. They are cow herding dogs. Dixie is the second Corgi we've owned. She falls second in line to Ellie, who was the end all of end all in owning a pet. We loved Ellie. I mean LOVED her. When she passed away last February, we all mourned deeply over her passing. But then came along Dixie, all cute in her puppiness and full of life.
Dixie has lived in Ellie's shadow for quite sometime. And while I thought she had finally found her own way and her own niche, I think she will always live in Ellie's shadow somewhat...which is kind of sad. But we do love Dixie. There's just too much personality there to not love her. She's the opposite of everything Ellie was. She's hyper, disobedient, jumps on people (a pet peeve of mine), and is a licker (another peeve - can't stand to be licked by a dog). However, the up side of Dixie is that she's got lots of personality. Let me show you....Dixie does The Dog impersonations...
Dixie loves to dig...and it makes for a great walk through the yard!...
Dixie loves to get her belly rubbed....
Dixie loves spending time with the kids...

"What are you 
3 comments:
Oh, my goodness! That is hilarious! That Dixie girl is a character! : )
I absolutely love Dixie. How cute is that!! Hope you have a blessed Easter. Miss you all of you.
Mrs. D
Hi There ~ I visited your blog by way of Chatting at the Sky. Your post is too darn cute! How in the world does she get up on that grill is what I want to know LOL. With reference to Dixie living in the shadow of your other loving pet, I fear that is what will happen with our beloved child, yes he's a dog child ~ his name is Scottie who is an English Cocker Spaniel. The sun rises and sets with this furry baby. I'm sorry for your loss but happy that you've got Dixie who appears to be quite the bundle of joy.
Post a Comment