Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nothing is everything.

When I started this blog, I didn't do it to become "big" in the blog world. There are others far more worthy than myself for that. I did it because blogging makes me really notice things. It makes me very reflective. The blog was to be my little online journal. My little online scrapbook. My Reflections. I would say that for the most part, I've stayed true to that purpose.

Last week I didn't link up with Emily and Tuesdays Unwrapped., but I could have. I realized that every other post I have could be linked. This whole blog, for the most part, focuses largely on the simple little things that my family does that brings me joy. Things that would be largely overlooked if I didn't put it out here on the world wide web. Not for the world wide web and it's audience, but for me. So, that I'll remember.

I want to remember these faces,

these times,

and goodness knows that I would not want to forget this dog.

To most this blog is nothing, but to me it's everything.

4 comments:

Heathahlee said...

Awww, you put a picture of ME on here???? : )

I love reading your blog, not just because you're my BFF, but because it's like I get to come to your house every time you post something, and you KNOW how much I love coming to your house.

That pic of Fep and Moose is my favorite. I have it framed on my bookshelf.

Dawn said...

i love this post! i feel the same way about my blog... it just me... my heart and what is in it!
that picture of your kids is beautiful!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

I find myself thinking similar thoughts - so much of what I blog is the incidental details of my sweet, simple life, the things that matter most to me and that I don't want to forget...love this post! :)

Crissie said...

Oh my gosh, what a GREAT post! I feel exactly the same way!!! I'm sure my blog is nothing more than a big ole jumble of life with 5 kids, but it is SO beautiful to me. I do it for us, so that when times are hard, we can go back and see all of the beauty in this crazy life. I blog the really hard things, like losing our twin girls, so that my kids might see my faith in God and know that even though things are sometimes very painful, we get through it together.

Thanks for sharing - your photos are beautiful.

xoxoxo