So, my last post was a bit of a rant. I'm not sure if I like that? I like everything happy here in my bloggy world. But seeing as I'm on the subject of homeschooling, I have to tell you I am so ready to be done with this year. I long for summer. I dream of summer. I'm like those kids in High School Musical 2 who at the beginning of the movie are tapping their pencils on their desk, looking around anxiously, and chanting "Summer. Summer. Summer." Yes, I think when we finish, I will break out into song and dance for no good reason.
However, as ready as I am to be done with this year, I'm excited about looking at curriculum for next year!? I can't wait to pour over homeschooling catalogs, visit our local homeschool bookstore, and decide what curriculum my children will use next year. I dream of a "perfect year" with no outside interruptions, children who happily complete their work in a timely manner, a Momma Teacher who is always patient, and finishing all our work before I'm sick of it (like I am now). Think of it as Stepford Homeschooling. Anyway, what IS this sickness that has me so ready for summer break I can barely stand it, but has me all excited about looking at curriculum and dreaming of our term in the fall? It's a strange, strange sickness, I tell you ;)
3 comments:
Yep, you're a weirdo. MMMMWAAAH! (that was me blowing a kiss at you in case you didn't know...hee hee hee)
I think it gets worse every year for me. Of course, being so stinkin' busy like I am now is not helping. I have hot glue burns on my hot glue burns, and I am NOT READY FOR WOMEN'S RETREAT!! Can I repeat, I AM NOT READYYYYYYYY!!!! Do you hear the panic in my voice? Panic about retreat, panic about the A'Fair, panic, panic, panic. I need me some Jesus time. Okay, off the computer now. : )
There is something about a fresh new beginning that gives us hope...
I'd love to see the song and dance! :)
LOL. I KNOW the feeling. I'm so ready to be done. I need to get outside and dig in the dirt. Great post.
Post a Comment