Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blueberries & Cream


We have a very large blueberry bush in our backyard which yields more berries than we can eat. I don't have a picture to go with this recipe, but trust me, it's super yummy. And it won this:


Pardon the cheap, yet sentimental jewelry hanging with it. And yes, I'm tooting my own horn. So without further adieu, the blue ribbon winning (just a bit more horn tooting) Blueberries & Cream:

Blueberries & Cream

First Layer:
1 cup of flour
2 sticks of butter (yes, I said 2)
1 cup chopped Walnuts.
Mix the following and cook on 375 deg. until golden brown and crust-like. Cool completely before adding second layer. If you don't it will melt your second layer.

Second Layer:
8 oz. cream cheese (slightly softened)
8 oz. cool whip
1 cup powdered sugar
Mix the following with electric mixer and spread over cooled first layer.

Third Layer:
3 cups blueberries
1 1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cup sugar
5 T. corn starch
Place this in a sauce pan and cook until thick (like a pie filling). Cool completely and spread over second layer. If you don't cool this completely, it will melt the second layer. That second layer is a bit on the sensitive side.

Fourth Layer:
8 oz. Cool whip
Chopped nuts to garnish

7 comments:

Dawn said...

mmm... sounds tasty!
and i love that your blue ribbon matches your blue-berry pie!

Heathahlee said...

Are they ripe yet? I have to mooch a couple of quarts from you, you know. I need to try this recipe with the ones from last year. Think they're still good?

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

no way - your very own blueberry bush that gives you that many? I am trying to bring mine to life, but they are struggling.
This looks delish.

Jessie Weaver said...

Please, won't you bring me some of this for breakfast? DROOL.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am soooo jealous that you have a blueberry bush. We can't grow them here in Utah. This sounds absolutely delicious!!!!

SnoWhite said...

awesome! We make a similar one with raspberries -- this is on my to-try list!

Lisa said...

I love blueberries! This sounds yummy. And a blue ribbon! You go girl!