I'm quite convinced that the picture which should go along with the word "servant" in the dictionary should have HeathahLee's picture by it.
Our company had a function at a restaurant tonight in which we needed to have a Hawaiian theme. When I hit Heather up for a favor, I like to give her advance notice. So, I gave her a whole 2 hour notice this morning to get herself ready, and then drag her and her Kiddo around in the heat (it's 100 degrees here) with me to get together what we needed for said company function. The thing is that I do this to her all the time. And she loves me anyway. She has come to my rescue more times than I can count. Like when I needed a singer for a wedding that was at my house for people she didn't even know. Like when she spent the entire day of that wedding running around with me getting stuff and coming back to my house and helping me decorate. And then she sang. And then she helped clean up after the wedding. I could go on and on. Stuff she probably wouldn't even think of or remember. Why? Because not only is she a servant, she's a humble servant.
Oh, how I heart this woman.
If you don't have a friend like this, you seriously need to get one! And if your dictionary doesn't have her picture by the word servant, you probably need a new one ;)
And just why did we need to decorate with a Hawaiian theme?
Oh, and finally, this post is linked at Emily's Tuesday's Unwrapped. This day would have been just rush, rush, hurry, hurry without Heather in the mix. She made my super busy day fun and light hearted. We ate lunch. We laughed. We giggled. And we put out cheesy Hawaiian decor. Well, we hoped it didn't look cheesy. Or not too cheesy.
And may we all have a servant's heart...
6 comments:
What a dear friendship for you to enjoy. I have never been that kind of person-- but I so appreciate those who are. :)
I'm blessed to say I have two friends that look just like yall...oh wait they are yu two..hehe. I only wished we lived many miles closer. I do hope it's one of y'all going on that trip.If so pictures..we need pictures cause I can bet my bottom dollar I wont be going any time soon..darn it! Take care you two!
I found this quote a while back and it seems to sum up your feelings just right.
"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend." ~Plautus
She sounds like a keeper!
You are blessed to have such a friend. lucky you!
I don't remember entering a contest to win a trip~is it me? HA!
(glad your kiddos enjoy the animal pictures from my yard. at the rate it's going, I will have a years worth of blog for it. All I have to do is lookk out the window and there something is.)
I am seriously all verklempt. I love you, Kat. I would do anything you asked, just because you love me for who I am, warts and all. Now I'm all crying again. You know I NEVER cry. Hee hee
What a blessing she is. I love the pineapple centerpiece!!! Who would have though to put up a hula as window decor! I think we have a new mistreatment!
Post a Comment