Thursday, June 18, 2009
My Struggle...
I think I might be a tad bit crazy for putting this out there for everyone to see. But I've decided I've got to get some accountability or I'm never going to get what I struggle with under control. I struggle with..........food. My struggles with food come. And they go. I thought when I joined Weight Watchers last fall that the struggle would be gone for good. Wrong. Once I reached goal, I made the mistake of stopping my weekly weigh-in. And slowly over the last 3 months, I have gained back (gulp!) 10 lbs. Oh. my. goodness. How did I let this happen? So, I don't want to pay all the fees to sign back up with Weight Watchers. And I know how to do it. And I subscribe to their Online stuff and am already paying for that service. All I need is the lady at the scale. The lady at the scale who would weekly look at me, look at the scale, look at me on the scale, and write down my weight. Every single week. That motivated me more than the meetings. Way more than the meetings. The meeting was pretty much just a pep talk. For me, it was all about being accountable to the lady at the scale. The few people reading this blog will now become the lady at the scale. Didn't you always want to be the lady at the scale? I'm weighing on Tuesday's and on my Weight Watcher's Online Profile I had to record the ugly weight of.......oh, this is painful.....157.7. There. There it is. I had lost down to 147 way back in February. So, now I'm 10 lbs up...almost 11! Ugh. So, if you look to the right just under my family photos, I'm tracking my weight. I'll put down my weigh-in every Tuesday. Thanks for being the lady at the scale.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've been thinking of doing something similar on my blog so that I would be held accountable with exercising. I have high blood pressure and a thyroid condition...so I really need to get my weight under control.I'm not brave enough to say how much weight I need to loose. Not good.lol
I'll be checking in on you...so watch those scales. LOL ;o)
Wow, Kat, you ARE brave! Not that I think weighing 157 is a bad thing...OH how I would LOVE to weigh 157! : ) But I know how we as women struggle with being accountable. You almost make me want to do something like this. Almost. : )
oh the power of the lady at the scale! i too have fought the battle and relapsed, only to fight again, or slump back into my box of cookies. my husband and i are working on this 10-day-at-a-time diet, which hass been good for both of us, but i find myself not able to get past 17 pounds. it is not a plateau... it is ME! but i will be your lady at the scale... the one who just nods and scrawls the number, not judging the number at all... even though we seem to think she will. making this move is just proof of your strength and desire- good for you!
Post a Comment