The second great blogging find this past week was from Pretty Organized Palace. She did a post a few days ago about managing and scheduling her children's time over the summer so that they are not in from of a TV or video screen all summer long. I needed this post. Just two weeks into summer break and my children have lost all sense of responsibility. And so have I. So, after reading her schedule, I developed one for me and the children that will fit the summer weeks and months. I hope Fep and Moose will come to appreciate it. Right now, not so much :)
***The day after I wrote this post, we made an unexpected trip to the doctor with Moose. He's fine, but was having severe ear pain and jaw pain due to....swimmer's ear. Again, he's fine now. With a simple trip to the doctor taking 3.5 hours out of my day, we had to rearrange the schedule a bit ;) But once we got home, we kicked into gear, got productive, and the kids and I cleaned the whole house. All this to say sometimes you gotta' roll with the flow, and sometimes the best made plans will be broken. Oh, and you can find Pretty Organized's post about summer scheduling here.
2 comments:
She had her kids up at 7:00 a.m. in SUMMER! Kiddo would rebel! No, wait...I would rebel!
But the rest of the schedule looks great. I just can't get up that early during summer! Do y'all?
Wow! I dont think I want to wake up at 7:00 but I sure wish I could get my kids to help out with the cleaning. Jesse and Kaylee are both working and Madison has camps for a few weeks so I guess Im on my own for the cleaning part. Hope lil Moose feels better soon!
Post a Comment