
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Cartoon Classic
I saw this cartoon at HSingmama's blog. I just thought it was a classic. When I showed it to The Bob, he said, "You know there's a lot of truth in that." And he thought it was funny, too. I have to admit, I've had a conversation or two somewhat similar to this. I don't bake my own bread, we've seen our fair share of Disney movies, and instead of Batman or Power Rangers, you can insert Spiderman and Star Wars. I don't know why we try to measure ourselves up against other people's standards and convictions instead of just following our own? Why don't we just pursue what the Lord has for us and not what the Lord has for our neighbor? Anyway, I do love this little cartoon.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
haha! that was cute... but i like your lesson. i don't know why we don't just rest in the life we create instead of comparing or competeing with other peoples lives... but it never fails... we all have those moments. it's good to look at it and realize it once in a while... to get us back on track. our own track!
Kat....that has just made my day! You have no idea! I find myself looking at others and where they are in life . I then look in the mirror and wonder...Is this it! Is this my life? God..why cant I have just half of what she has. I work just as hard. Why cant I sing "just a little"? Why cant I save like her..bake like her...build like him..talk soft to my kids like her..play more...Oh Lord..why am I so...Then he calms me down and loves me for ME! Now why I cant I just be more like HIM~ Thank you Kat for being just who you are. YOU are just why I come over and visit every day. Hugs and smiles your way~
Uh-huh. What Susie said. : )
Post a Comment