So, I went Father's Day shopping today. This year The Bob will receive the usual shirt and socks. We also got him some cologne as he was completely out. I'm struggling with giving him the usual this year, because THIS is what he gave me for Mother's Day....
So, do you see my dilemma? I know it's not just about the gift, but about the heart in it. The problem with that is that he gave up something he treasured to buy me the car. I asked, begged him not to, but he did. And so I know, it's not about the gift, but this year Father's Day has me feeling a bit out of sorts. Last year with the usual shirt and socks, I wrote him a little poem kind of thing and framed it to give to him. So, I'm going to post that now. If fits him just as much today as it did when I wrote it a year ago...
This Man
This man serves others and not himself
This man sees the best in people and not the worst
This man delights in reading the Word of God to his children
This man sacrifices his wants for the needs of others
This man has strength of character and gentleness of spirit
This man makes the most of any situation, good or bad
This man works hard for his family
This man is the father of my children, my richest blessings
This man completes me
Happy Father's Day
June 15, 2008
~Kat
Yep, all those words still fit him completely, and I am blessed....
2 comments:
The Bob is The Man!
I ALWAYS struggle with Father's Day because Sound Man ALWAYS gives me the BEST Mother's Day. Sigh....he says all he wants is to work on Kiddo's loft bed. He WANTS to WORK on Kiddo's loft bed. As a gift. What am I supposed to do with THAT? : )
Oh Kat...I love the poem!
I hope your family has a wonderful day together! :o)
Post a Comment