Monday, June 1, 2009

Finding the good...

The past week was pretty crummy to say the least. I won't even bore you with all the details. Really, why bother? Shouldn't our focus be on finding the good? Yes, in the midst of a not so great week, each day had a treasure of it's own.

Monday - Memorial Day. Remembering self-less sacrifices of others. Time spent with The Bob and the kids.

Tuesday - a quiet day at home. Just me and the kids. Front porch swinging. A special young lady comes over to announce she's engaged, and asks Fep to be a bridesmaid! Awesome.

Wednesday - A rainbow. A reminder of God's unfailing love and always kept promises.


Thursday - a loved dog that likes to lay with her rear end sticking out from under the bed. I'm not sure if she thinks she hiding or what?

Friday - Moose turns 8!! Swimming with friends. Opening some birthday presents. What gets better than that?
Saturday - Missing dogs give us a scare, but return safely home.


Sunday - Moose's official birthday bash. Swimming. Hot dogs. Hamburgers. And lots and lots of friends. He got to spend time with his friends, and I got to spend time with mine...

Might I mention that the lovely blonde haired lady on the left is 50 years old and has 9 children. Yes, I said nine. She is amazing! I heart these ladies.

And I heart Heathahlee. Oh, I do.


Yep, it was a good week after all. There's just no telling what treasures I'll find hidden in this week....

3 comments:

Dawn said...

i love that in the midst of the frustating times we all experience, there are always moment of joy... if we just take the time to look. good for you for turning your week around!

Heathahlee said...

See, your attitude is better! I'm praying for you! I love that picture of the rainbow! Have I ever told you that I LOVE rainbows?

We had a great time last night by the way. Kiddo about fell asleep in the van on the way home, and that NEVER happens. I look forward to coming down there more during the summer. Hint hint. : )

Anonymous said...

I know having a bad day or worse a bad week can really put a damper on your outlook. You sure have the right attitude going on. Keep your head up my sweet friend and just positive thinking can do so much. Hope this week is better for you. Glad that you got to spend some special time with your friends. I must tell you how blessed you and Miss Heathalee are to have each other as friends. I enjoyed chatting with y'all and spending the night(almost) with Heathalee. I could talk forever with that girl! I bet yall have some fun times. Hang onto each other when days get sad....hugs and smiles!